Friday, July 19, 2013

Bolts Streak

 The Humid Hot Air PUSHES against my Chest. Pileated Woodpecker laughs in the Big Magnolia Tree.  My nose burns as I inhale, mmm the Magnolias & Pink Rose Aroma Tickle my Soul. Cicadas Siren LOUD. Chimney Swifts Sweep the Tree Line. Sweat Beads and rolls down past the small of my back. Monarchs Tend to the Yellow Irises. Mockingbirds Fuss & chase. Bolts STREAK in the South & East. The Sun Boils the Fresh Rain Drops. Turtle Doves on the barb wire in the Shade & Ground Doves under the Palms Chant Prayer.  Thunder Rumbles. Cows moo. Yellow-Shafted Flicker Drums in the Pecan Tree. Little Grayish Blue Butterflies flutter about the Monkey Grass Blooms. A Red Tail Hawk ascends from the Tall Wire Grass grasping a Long Snake. A Woodstars Hover at the Four O'clocks. A Gnat Swarm buzzes about my head. Brown-Headed Cow Birds on Pecan Branches & Purple Finches on Peach & Plum Limbs Sing to the LORD with GLEE. Blue Dashers & Orange Medow-Hawks zip above the Cammie Bushes.  Shadows cross the Yard as Two Groupings of Cattle Egrets flap North just over the Oak Tops. Half Moon peek-a-boos in the Patchy Gray Clouds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment