Monday, August 19, 2013

my Heart Skips

Mourning Doves Down the Tree Line Chant Prayers with Turtle Dove on the barbed wire & Rock Doves perched on the smokehouse roof. I Lick as Sweet Peach Juice escapes. Crows over head caw flapping out of Sight. A Pale Dim White Spot appears in the Gray Clouds in the East. The Roosters Crow with Excitement for the Sun. A Hog Sphinx Moth Zips about in the Phloxes. Mockingbirds flash & flare at a Box Turtle near the Tree they are Nesting in. Magnolia Seed Pods Plop in the Dirt.Purple Finches on Plum Branches & Red-Crested Cardinals on Peach Limbs Praise the LORD!Cows Moo. Tree Swallows cut  in close to the New Blooming Magnolia Buds. A Bold Red & Black Velvet Ant Steps across an odd Stick on to my flip flop. Sweat BEADS on my neck & back as I Freeze and my heart skips a beat or two! Just Trying to complete His Journey, the Velvet Ant Pays me no mind. Oh Yes I Breathe and THANK the LORD! a Pileated Woodpecker laughs at me. Cicada Siren LOUDLY the LORD's Prayers.      

No comments:

Post a Comment